Welcome to Upper Austria
Upper Austria is the third largest state of Austria. It is located in the north-west of Austria and borders Germany in the west and in the north, and the Czech Republic in the north.
Upper Austria´s capital can easily be reached by car (motorway A1), rail (en route to and from Vienna), and air (Linz Blue Danube Airport). Linz, a city of about 200,000 inhabitants, is the place where industries, education, and culture meet. World-known for its steel and chemical industries, Linz has changed its image into a cultural and educational center, the European Cultural Capital in 2009. Some of its cultural highlights worth visiting are:
- Ars Electronica center, the "Museum of the Future", a unique media center as a platform for the arts, technology, and related social issues
- Lentos Museum of Modern Art Linz, the internationally respected collection of masterpieces of painting and graphics of the period from the 19th century to the present
- Bruckner Festival and Ars Electronica Festival with the world-renowned visualized Cloud of Sound along the River Danube and the Classical Cloud of Sound
For more detailed information on Upper Austria and Linz see the following sites:
Welcome to HTL Leonding
HTL Leonding is an upper secondary technical and vocational college that runs four different departments:
- the department for informatics
- the department for media technology and media industry
- the department for electronics
- the department for biomedical engineering
About 1,000 students are trained here to become engineers in various fields of technology. The day school students are aged 14 to 19, adults with a wide variety of professional experience attend the evening school.
Founded in 1987, our college has been an educational institution of highest reputation since then. Close connections to local and regional businesses and industries have always been of major importance, about 130 full-time and part-time teachers provide latest technical know-how and general knowledge to train students with excellent qualifications and up-date engineering skills ready to meet future challenges.
Our college is located in the city of Leonding, south of Linz, and can easily be reached by car or public transport.
If you need detailed information on the exact location of our college, click here.