The Department for Electronics
... opens two educational pathways:
The Secondary Technical College
... lasts 5 years and requires solid general knowledge and theoretical background.
- The College for Telecommunications focusing on radio frequency engineering, radio, cellular networks, ...
- The College for Technical Computer Science focusing on microcontrollers, interfaces, networks, robotics, sensors, measuring, control engineering, ...
The Secondary Technical School
... lasts 4 years and focuses on practical work.
Practical professional experience is a major concern of both the Technical College and the Technical School. The students are trained to "solve and document practical production and operating problems in the areas of testing, measuring and installation", this comprises for example:
- electro installation
- basics of mechanical engineering
- assembling of computers
- design of computer networks
- network management
- fault analysis and repair of electric/electronic devices
- measurement of signals
Our students spend 1 or 2 days a week in workshops and laboratories. This high level of relevant practical experience, a well-balanced offer of general education and subject-related theoretical background lead to excellent employment opportunities in the industries. This is why many of our former students have found jobs in Germany where comparable types of schools do not exist.
Business English, preparing students for the BEC Vantage (Univ. of Cambridge) exam
Amateur radio group